[BioRuby] bioruby docs

Francesco Strozzi francesco.strozzi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 11:00:48 UTC 2007

I don't know if I am the right person to do a beginners guide for BioRuby,
as I think there will be more qualified people in the community and I'm also
a beginner too!
But I've started a blog http://bioinforuby.blogspot.com (following Jan
example) where I'm planning to put my experiences as you are asking (hoping
that this will be helpful). But principally I will write here, in the
mailing list, all the problems, bugs and difficulties that I will experience
using BioRuby.

Jan, I've seen that you have written the Ruby API for Ensembl core database.
As soon as possible I would like to start use this and finally write a
complete Ruby application and not a patchwork of different languages (as I'm
doing right now)!

Cheers

Francesco