[BioRuby] "Read an ASN.1 file" and "Using a BioSQL database" !!!

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Tue Mar 27 05:48:49 UTC 2007

On 2007/03/13, at 14:23, Moses M. Hohman wrote:
> but AFAIK BioRuby does not support BioSQL,

Currently it might be broken, but BioRuby supported BioSQL from the beginning of
the BioSQL project which is developed during three BioHackathon meetings (2002, 2003).

I wrote basic BioSQL module which support Cape Town schema (2002), but I was lazy
to update it.

However, AFAIK, RJP is working on ActiveRecord + BioSQL integration (2006, December)
to replace my old one.  Raoul, could you post your recent status on it?

> nor does it support ASN.1.

I think this is true.

It seems that there is one project on ASN.1 at rubyforge.

  http://rubyforge.org/projects/net-asn1/

Toshiaki