[BioRuby] Is anyone parsing Nexus files?

Daniel Lundin daniel.lundin at molbio.su.se
Mon Jan 8 08:31:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm new to the list and haven't seen any traffic yet so this is an
activity test as well as a query.

Is anyone on the list parsing Nexus files with Ruby? I couldn't find
anything on the web, so I've been coding a parser myself for the last
couple of days, so if there's anyone interested in sharing the
effort...

My first design goal is to be able to parse a file and write it out
completely in Nexus again, in (more or less) the original format,
without more than basic validation of format (BEGIN - END, semicolons
after statements etc.).  Secondly I have a ``framework'' for adding
classes that more fully parses certain blocks and statements I
personally have an interest in.

I'm afraid I'm rather new to Ruby, so the code is probably not
idiomatically typical.

/Daniel

--
Daniel Lundin

Department of Molecular Biology & Functional Genomics
Arrhenius Laboratories for Natural Sciences
Stockholm University, SE-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden

tel. +46 (0)8 16 41 95, mobile: +46 (0)708 123 922, fax. +46 (0)8 16 64 88

Email: daniel.lundin at molbio.su.se