[BioRuby] A Rails application with BioRuby

Yen-Ju Chen yjchen at reciprocallattice.com
Tue Dec 18 21:54:34 UTC 2007

Hi,
  I am working on a rails application using BioRuby to collect references
and database entries.
  You can find the application (not source code yet) at
journalclub.reciprocallattice.com
  It is still at early stage. I use it personally and figure it would be
interesting to have more users.
  If you want to join, please write to me in private so that it will not
pollute BioRuby maillist.
  I don't know how many users the application can take. Please see the
website for more details.

  These are things related to BioRuby,
  * The output from Reference to BibTex format lacks abstract.
  * It would be nice to be able to output to RIS format for EndNote and
ReferenceManager.
  * Is it possible to get DOI from PubMed ?
  * BioRuby can get information from many databases through biofetch,
    but not processing them, like Pfam, Prosite, etc.
  * it is not clear what's the database from biofetch, for example: rn, rp,
str, pr.
    I am in structural biology. Many of these abbreviation is not obvious.

  If I have chance to write codes for these missing features, I will submit
them back to BioRuby.
  Have fun.

  Yen-Ju