[BioRuby] Bio-projects comparison

Moses M. Hohman mmhohman at northwestern.edu
Tue Nov 28 00:13:53 UTC 2006

Doesn't seem like it's that big, but perhaps that's because there
currently isn't really an incentive for most people to switch from
bioperl. Beyond that, I think it would be useful even for our small
community. I think it would be cool if bioruby could leverage more of
what ruby has to offer to build a more compelling platform than
bioperl, biopython and biojava offer.

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, though, and we should just wait on
this until someone feels energetic and wants to write an alternative
library for something already in bioruby.

Moses