[BioRuby] bioruby development process / real life usage / visions?
Isaac Xin Pei
isaacpei at gmail.com
Thu May 25 02:13:49 UTC 2006
I am very curious of the development process of bioruby, especially what the
vision for bioruby project among the open bio projects?
According to my understanding,
- bioperl has the largest users community due to the history reason, rather
than the languate itself
- biopython solved the OOP issue in bioperl, and I like the language itself
however, the biopython project in particular seems to have a rather loose
I am just not sure if I decide to pick it for everyday usage / long term
programming project, it will help
the library/class seems comprehensive
the codes looks very clean
first impression of programming using bioruby is that it does follow KISS
: yet questions
- the devloping process
- does it have a large user community (or a large
community/bioinformatics/biologists in Japan?)
- the vision of the project?
sorry for so many questions.
in my research I have come to the point to using a programming language to
investigage possible hypothesis in the genome, as well as a programming
language to ease everyday bench work design ...
hope to get some insights from you
Best , Isaac
- "A word fitly spoken Is like apples of gold in network of
silver. " Proverbs 25:11
More information about the BioRuby