[BioRuby] BOSC abstract due

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed May 24 15:25:12 UTC 2006

I'm afraid I'll have to pass on this. As someone who only started
looking at ruby 5 months ago (let alone bioruby), I'm not familiar
enough yet with the more advanced uses of ruby/bioruby.

It's not difficult to explain the simple stuff ("It can read FASTA
files", "It can run BLASTs"), but it would be interesting for the
audience to give examples of advanced applications that are nevertheless
(relatively) easy to do. I'm thinking integration with rails here, for
example. Does anyone have other tools in mind that can be easily
combined with bioruby?
Something else that would be interesting: show how easy it is to add
methods to existing bioruby objects, or alter them if you want them to
behave differently.

So back to you, Pjotr.

j.