[BioRuby] combination bioruby and rails

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu May 11 09:38:56 UTC 2006

Hi Toshiaki,

I've tried the approach you mentioned below yesterday, but still bump
into that problem. Apparently, it has something to do with my setup of
rails: when you run 'ruby script/server' in rails, the first line sent
back to the screen is 'druby://localhost:81064'. When I do the same
thing, the first line to screen is '=> Booting WEBrick...'. I haven't
figured out yet how to solve that.

j.

<<SNIP>>
> As for the Rails module in bio/shell, it is not finished but
> can be used in the following way for now:
>
> 1. start the bioruby shell in terminal1 and issue 'web' command
>
>   terminal1% bioruby foo
>   bioruby> web
>   Copying web server files ... done
>   DRb::DRbConnError: druby://localhost:81064 -
> #<Errno::ECONNREFUSED: Connection refused - connect(2)
>
> (my intention is to make this command will take care of
> following steps automatically, however,) you may see the
> DRb::DRbConnError message here, then quit.
>
>   bioruby> quit
>
> 2. open another terminal and start the server
>
>   terminal2% cd foo
>   terminal2% ruby script/server
>   druby://localhost:81064
>   starting ...
>   => Booting WEBrick...
>   => Rails application started on http://0.0.0.0:3000
>   => Ctrl-C to shutdown server; call with --help for options
>
> the rails (webrick httpd) server will start.
>
> 3. Switch back to terminal1 and restart bioruby session.
>
>   terminal1% bioruby foo
>   bioruby> web
>   Connected to server druby://localhost:81064
>   Open http://localhost:3000/shell/
>
> 4. open http://localhost:3000/shell/ in your web browser
>
> the BioRuby logo and the message "Connected!" will be displayed.

<</SNIP>>