[BioRuby] fastacmd.rb: iteration

Naohisa Goto ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
Sun Mar 26 06:13:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

> I've suggested to release 1.0.1 (or create a stable branch?)
> How do you think?

I agree.

> By the way, Bio::FlatFile.auto and Bio::FlatFile.open accept a block but
> Bio::FlatFile.new doesn't.  Is there any reason to disallow the feature?

I referred specifications of Ruby's File, IO and Dir classes.
File.open, IO.open, and Dir.open can accept a block but
File.new, IO.new, and Dir.new don't.
Because Ruby's experts have determined such specifications,
I suppose that there may be something merits not to accept blocks
or there may be something problems to accept a block,
but I don't know much about them.

[ruby-list:24986] said that in Ruby 1.6.0, IO.new and Dir.new
was changed not to take block, but I can't find the reason.
( http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-list/24986 )

--
Naohisa Goto
ngoto at gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp