[BioRuby] Bio::Ensembl#exportview => timeout when behind proxy server

jan aerts (RI) jan.aerts at bbsrc.ac.uk
Wed Apr 26 09:20:01 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm testing out the Bio::Ensembl file, and seem to bump into a wall that
becomes pretty well-known to me: I'm behind a proxy server. When I try
to run the code
  Bio::Ensembl::Human.exportview(1,12345,22345)
I get a timeout on the line in bio/io/ensembl.rb containing
  cgi.exec(@hash.update(opts))

Apparently, there is no option yet in the Bio::Ensembl::Base::Client
class to give a proxy-server and proxy-address yet. Or if there _is_,
it's not clear to me how to set these two arguments.
I don't know if open-uri would be a solution to this, or not.

Any help much appreciated.

Jan Aerts, PhD
Bioinformatics Group
Roslin Institute
Roslin, Scotland, UK
+44 131 527 4200

---------The obligatory disclaimer--------
The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.   The
opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the
Institute.