[BioRuby] BioRuby Documentation effort

Toshiaki Katayama ktym at hgc.jp
Fri Aug 26 09:35:04 EDT 2005

On 2005/08/24, at 23:56, Pjotr Prins wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 01:09:49PM +0900, GOTO Naohisa wrote:
>
>> There is English version of KEGG_API.rd.ja at:
>> http://www.genome.jp/kegg/soap/doc/keggapi_manual.html
>> (but not included in BioRuby distribution. Licence problem?)
>>

> I'll read that!

The document is written by me so there is no license problem
to include it in the BioRuby distribution.  When I finished
the 1st version of this document in Japanese, I included it
just for the advertisement of the KEGG API service.

Now the service has its own site (shown above) and it is
a general web service (means not restricted to the BioRuby),
so I don't know I should keep including the document.
How do you think?

>> All BioRuby developers in Japan (including me) are now
>> interested in writing and/or translating documents in English.
>>

> Great. Will it be possible to translate those documents in the coming
> one or two weeks. Like I wrote, quick and dirty approach is fine.
> Probably best we use the CVS repository for that so everyone can keep
> track of changes.

One or two weeks would be difficult, but we'll try to include and
update the draft translation in the CVS during this September.

Toshiaki Katayama