[BioRuby-ja] BioRuby 1.5.0 released

Naohisa Goto ngoto @ gen-info.osaka-u.ac.jp
2015年 7月 2日 (木) 01:21:05 UTC

Hi, all,

We are pleased to announce the release of BioRuby 1.5.0.
This new release includes support of recent Ruby versions
(Ruby 2.1 and 2.2),  improvement of codes, and bug fixes.

Tar.gz file: http://bioruby.org/archive/bioruby-1.5.0.tar.gz
Gem file:  http://bioruby.org/archive/gems/bio-1.5.0.gem

We also put RubyGems pacakge at RubyGems.org.
https://rubygems.org/gems/bio

You can easily install by using RubyGems. First, check the
version number by using search command:
 % gem search --remote bio
and find “bio (1.5.0)” in the list. Then,
 % sudo gem install bio

Here is a brief summary of changes.

* Ruby 2.0.0, 2.1, 2.2 support.
* Some features are removed because of remote service discontinuance
   or difficulty of code maintenance.
* Refactoring of code.
* Bio::SPTR is renamed as Bio::UniProtKB.
* Bug fixes.

In addition, many changes have been made, including incompatible
changes. For more information, see RELEASE_NOTES.rdoc and
ChangeLog.

Acknowledgments: Thanks to all persons reporting issues and/or
submitting patches.

Hope you enjoy.

--
Naohisa Goto