[Biopython] Bioinformatics master's degree final project

Ferran Fàbregas ferri.fc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 15:23:40 EST 2022

Hi Peter,

Well, now I'm in the first stages of the research, because I need to make
an initial proposal in one month approx, so I don't have yet a clear idea
of what to do.

I'm personally interested in pathway enrichment and I'm going to take a
look at BioServices / GOenrich python packages and see their features, but
If you think that adding pathway enrichment functionalities to Biopython
can be interesting, I can go deep into it.

Talking about the GUI, I understand that  with Galaxy, maybe there's no
need for a biopython GUI, but I think that can be interesting for
educational purposes or more basic / on the fly needs. Galaxy can be
overwhelming for quick jobs.

One feature I was thinking about (maybe it's a little bit crazy) is that
the GUI generates a Biopython script of your sequence of actions, so you
can start using the GUI, download the script and then continue coding by
yourself. This feature may not be very useful to professionals, but can be
very helpful for students or newcomers.