[Biopython] BioPython 1.76 + Python 2.7.18 + test error

Doug Niven dniven at ucsc.edu
Thu Jan 28 02:41:57 UTC 2021

Hi Folks,

I’m rebuilding a workflow that uses Python 2.7.18 on a recently rebuilt server that previously had BioPython installed.

>From the documentation it looks like the latest version of BioPython that works with Python 2.7 is version 1.76, which I’ve downloaded.

I’m doing the following steps:

python setup.py build
python setup.py
test

however, the step "python setup.py test” stalls here:

test_NCBIXML ... ok
test_NCBI_BLAST_tools ... skipping. Install the NCBI BLAST+ command line tools if you want to use the Bio.Blast.Applications wrapper.
test_NCBI_qblast …

Ideas, suggestions on how to get past this so I can complete the installation?

Thanks,

Doug