[Biopython] Biopython at BOSC / ISMB 2021, was: [bosc-announce] News about BOSC 2021

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 6 13:47:19 EDT 2021

Hello all,

BOSC will again be virtual this year, but back with the larger ISMB
conference again. See below.

Would anyone like to give our traditional Biopython Project Update
talk (as a pre-recorded video)?

We would all try to help with the abstract and slides, but you'll need
to have video conferencing setup in order to attend the meeting
virtually. See this repository for past abstracts and many of the
talks:

https://github.com/biopython/talks

Of course, I would also urge all of you to consider submitting an
abstract on your own work too.

The talks at the conference will again be followed by a multi-day
collaborative event - the BOSC CoFest, where we might work on
Biopython bug triage, documentation, etc. This could be very
productive if some of our core team can set those days aside from
their normal work as part of a virtual
conference trip. I appreciate it is still a long way off, so for many
of us it is too early to make any such commitment.

Note abstract submitters can request a registration fee waiver (eg
PostDoc with no conference budget).

(Full disclosure: I am on the BOSC 2021 organising committee, and the
current OBF president.
I would of course not be reviewing any abstract where I have a
conflict of interest)