[Biopython] Increase line length when writing EMBL format

Pedro Almeida p.almeida.mc at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 13:47:07 UTC 2020

> The ENA website would only show me the parent record:
>
> https://www.ebi.ac.uk/ena/browser/api/embl/CAADRP010000000.1
>
> Anyway, I downloaded the full archive, and saw lots of example of 81 character
> line entries in the feature table.

Yes, I also noticed that, so thought to share the location of the file itself.

> Do you have any contacts at EBI/EMBL who might be able to help clarify this?

Not at the moment, but I plan to get in contact with them in the next few days to update the EMBL file. I’m happy to also discuss these specifications with them and let you know who I’ve been in contact with.

> Does the current 80 character line output from Biopython actually break
> anything downstream?

Also don’t know yet. I think that their Webin-CLI application checks for errors in flat files so I might have news about this as well in the next few days.

Pedro