[Biopython] When to drop Python 3.6 support?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 10 18:01:44 UTC 2020

Good - like João I use conda on our Linux cluster, and a Mac desktop.
It has freed me from worrying about the operating system provided
Python (which can often be quite old).

I'd suggest we announce that Biopython 1.79 is intended to be the final
release to support Python 3.6, and include a warning about this in the
setup.py when used on Python 3.6 (as we have done in the past).

Peter