[Biopython] [help] Write Genbank File

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 1 16:18:06 UTC 2020

Hello Meijun,

I recommend starting by parsing a known GenBank file, and looking at how
the objects are setup. You will need to copy that.

Have you looked at chapter 4 of the Tutorial?

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html

Once you have a SeqRecord, the .features attribute is just a list of
SeqFeature objects. The feature annotation is in the .qualifiers
dictionary, the values should generally be lists of strings (match what the
GenBank parser gives you on a known example).

Peter