[Biopython] BOSC/GCC at BCC2020: Bioinformatics Community Conference: Abstract submission and registration are open

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:03:54 UTC 2020

Hello all,

Usually around this time of year I ask who hopes to attend BOSC, and if any
of our regular contributors might volunteer to present the traditional
annual Biopython Project Update talk. This year BOSC is online, once again
combined with the Galaxy Community Conference - as the Bioinformatics
Community Conference (BCC2020). See below.

So, there is no travel to Canada involved, but would anyone like to give
the talk? We would all try to help with the abstract and slides, but you'll
need to have video conferencing setup in order to attend the meeting
virtually. See this repository for past abstracts and many of the talks:

https://github.com/biopython/talks

Of course, I would also urge all of you to consider submitting an abstract
on your own work too.

The talks at the conference will again be followed by a multi-day
collaborative event, where we might work on Biopython bug triage,
documentation, etc. This could be very productive if some of our core team
can set those days aside from their normal work as part of a virtual
conference trip. I appreciate it is still a long way off, so for many of us
it is too early to make any such commitment.

Thank you,

Peter

(Full disclosure: I am on the BOSC / BCC2020 organising committee, and the
current OBF president. I would of course not be reviewing any abstract
where I have a conflict of interest)