[Biopython] Code of Conduct

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Nov 18 10:56:01 UTC 2019

Dear Biopythoneers,

Biopython (like BioPerl, BioJava, BioRuby) etc, is part of the Open
Bioinformatics Foundation which was original created to manage
assets like our domain name and shared servers.

I have been on the OBF board for some years now, and currently
serve as treasurer.

We (the OBF) are looking to create an OBF-wide Code of Conduct,
which would cover not just in person events, but also the online
activities of the member projects:

https://www.open-bio.org/2019/11/15/creating-an-obf-wide-code-of-conduct/
https://github.com/OBF/obf-docs/issues/67

We (the OBF) would welcome comments or feedback on these
proposals, here if Biopython specific. Those of the Biopython
community I have talked to about this (e.g. at BOSC 2019 and
the CoFest) were receptive. I hope you all will be too.

Thank you,