[Biopython] AC lines with multiple accession numbers in Swissprot files

Adam Sjøgren asjo at koldfront.dk
Wed May 29 09:34:28 UTC 2019

Peter writes:

> We needed a simple entry as the record's .id to work well in the
> SeqIO system, so I picked the first accession.

Makes sense, we just overlooked that there could be several because we
only looked at .id.

As often is the case: as soon as I had sent the email with the question,
I found the answer.

> If you are doing a lot of UniProt specific work, you might also
> consider using the XML parser (format "uniprot-xml" in SeqIO).

We have a lot of legacy data to parse additionally, but I will keep it
in mind.

  Thanks!

   Adam

--
 "Everything needs to change.                                 Adam Sjøgren
  And it has to start today."                            asjo at koldfront.dk