[Biopython] Biopython project

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 20 11:20:59 UTC 2019

Hello Spasso,

I don't think Biopython has anything like this already, but the closest
example I can think needing to use in my own code is randomly
shuffling sequences to make a random sequence with the same
overall composition - and that is easy to do with standard Python code.

Python has lots of useful functions in the standard library itertools
which I have used for some related tasks (not to do with biological
sequences or genetics):

https://docs.python.org/3/library/itertools.html

Given your code has uses outside of Biology, it would probably
make sense to make it a standalone library on PyPI:

https://pypi.org/

Thank you,

Peter