[Biopython] Biopython 1.74 release

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 16 17:01:22 UTC 2019

Dear Biopythoneers,

The release is nearly done, including the new alternative API documentation.
Just the wheels to finish (Linux ones have started, Windows and macOS to
follow - fingers crossed), post-release version bump, and the formality of the
blog post announcement.

I'm looking forward to dropping epydoc for the next release (it doesn't
work on Python 3, and wouldn't install on my main machine against the
system Python - I had to run that on a separate machine which was a
hassle), focusing our efforts on the Sphinx apidoc output instead:

https://biopython.org/docs/1.74/api/ <-- release API docs
https://biopython.org/docs/dev/api/ <-- latest master branch

This will replace the old epydoc output:

https://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/

Please file issues for any issues, including regressions, e.g.

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/2174

Thanks,

Peter