[Biopython] Biopython 1.74 release

Michiel de Hoon mjldehoon at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 02:05:35 UTC 2019

 Hi Peter,
I am fine with that, but in practice there are cases where dedicated code is needed in Biopython to support python2, and especially for Python/C interfacing this can be quite painful (in particular for strings, e.g. Seq objects, and for arrays).  As it doesn't make sense to spend the time to write such code now but to remove it in six months after we drop python2 support, personally I would develop for python3 only now, but hold off on making the pull request until after January 1st.
Best,-Michiel