[Biopython] Progress toward BSD license for BioPython?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 13 15:05:57 UTC 2019

Hello Brook,

We're over half way in terms of the Bio/ and BioSQL/ files,
I have been prioritising that over Tests/ etc),  see slide 6
on the "Biopython Project Update 2019" talk recently in
Basel

https://doi.org/10.7490/f1000research.1117119.1

Main issue:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/898

Currently open sub-issues include:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1878
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1610

I have some semi-automated scripts with associated data files
mapping emails (GDPR sensitive data so I'm not sharing that
openly) to GitHub accounts to a URL for their consent which
have helped a lot with this (but still need to review the commit
comments as especially in the CVS days commits were often
done on a contributor's behalf).

There are several former contributors we're not yet been
able to contact about this... e.g. for Bio.PDB.

Peter