[Biopython] Remove the symlinks for historic filenames?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 17 12:51:56 UTC 2018

Hello all,

Does anyone have any technical feedback on this pull request?

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/1758

Originally we had files named README, NEWS, LICENESE
with no extension, but now rather than just plain text they are
using reStructuredText markup language with the .rst extension.
In order to minimise disruption when this was changed back
in Feb 2017, we also created symbolic links under the old
names.

Over a year and a half later, can we remove the symlinks,
or can anyone think of something which would break?

Thanks,