[Biopython] DOI for BioPython

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Wed Dec 23 09:54:58 UTC 2015

Thank you all, for your opinions and arguments on that topic!
My english is not good enough to express here what I really mean. :)

I understand this income-funding-depending-on-ImpactFactor-thing. My
current project investigate the publication behaviour of a specific
group of researchers. My Prof. teached us a lot internals about how the
money depends on the IF. :(

I am in a "rich position" to be "ideological" at this topic. My income
doesn't depend on an IF because I am still a very "little light" in the
science community.

But I understand also your positions and agree with you.

I found it really interesting and it broaden my horizon to know what it
really mean for all of you when citing the BioPython-Cook-paper.

For "little lights" like me it would be great to have a Wiki-page about
this topic. It shouldn't only give the papers and rules how to cite. It
should give background information (maybe a link to this thread) about
what this citing mean for you as contributors, maintainers and the
project itself.

With respect
Christian
--