[Biopython] Bio.PDB local MMCIF files

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 15:09:17 UTC 2013

Dear Dave,

I'm not quite sure I understood your question. PDBList is used to download
and maintain a local copy of the PDB, which would not suit you since you
are looking for mmCIF data. It could be tweaked however to download mmCIF
files. Is this what you are looking for?

As for mmCIF parsing and manipulation, currently the parser accepts a path
to the file (relative paths should do) but indeed it does not handle
compression. I think it would be up to the user to inflate the gz file
before parsing..

Best,

João