[Biopython] Tutorial proofreading?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:19:11 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We're planning to do the Biopython 1.57 release soon, and
something some volunteer help would be useful for is with
our documentation - in particular the tutorial.

These links are for the current tutorial, at the time or writing
that means Biopython 1.56:
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.pdf

There links are for the latest in-progress tutorial (automatically
updated nightly from the git repository):
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-dev.pdf

I would like some volunteers to proof read this please and
report any problems, suggestions or additions?

Ideally I'd like people to check the examples work (although some
will need the latest Biopython installed from the source code).

Even reporting minor typos is useful, as fixing them will
make a better impression for newcomers reading this.

Thanks,

Peter

P.S. The tutorial source file is here, if you are interested,
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/blob/master/Doc/Tutorial.tex