[Biopython] matching sequences from fasta files

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Wed Mar 10 03:46:56 UTC 2010

Let me fist say that I am new to biopython and dna/fasta files. I have been
trying to use blastall to get the results I need but I am doing most of my
work in python so why use blastall if I can get the results using python.

I need to check if any/all the sequence from one fasta file are in another.
Looking through the docs I think I could do this.

I then what to find "close matches" and for me this means they differ by 1
snp and I need to know the location of this differing snp. How would I do
this?

  *Vincent Davis
720-301-3003 *
vincent at vincentdavis.net