[Biopython] translating 454 data with frameshifts

Tony Heitkam Tony.Heitkam at tu-dresden.de
Fri Dec 10 19:30:44 UTC 2010

Hello Jessica,

I am not a programmer and can't help you with a python equivalent to
"tile_hsp", but as fas as I can tell, the GeneWise Tool might be
helpful to you. http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Tools/Wise2/index.html - There is
a standalone version available for download which can be used for a
whole batch of sequences. It aligns DNA sequences to Protein queries
(which you would get by blastp) and also accounts for frameshifts!

Best luck,

Tony