[Biopython] can't compile version from github

Michael Thon mike.thon at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 05:20:12 UTC 2009

Don't know if this belongs on the dev mailing list or here...

I just checked out a copy of biopython from the github repo and I tried to install it in an non-root directory to try out a new feature.

here is the command I ran on the command line:
python setup.py install --prefix=/Users/mike/biopython_dev

Here is the offending part of the compile:

gcc-4.2 -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -Os -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -DENABLE_DTRACE -arch i386 -arch ppc -arch x86_64 -pipe -IBio -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 -c Bio/triemodule.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.6-universal-2.6/Bio/triemodule.o
In file included from Bio/triemodule.c:3:
Bio/trie.h:12: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype

The installer did not find the numpy that I installed using easy_install so I continued without it and without Reportlab.  (Mac OS 10.6)

Mike