[BioPython] Feedback from Biopython 1.50 beta?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 13 18:15:00 UTC 2009

Dear Biopythoneers,

There is a saying "no news is good news", but as per the title - can
we have some feedback from the Biopython 1.50 beta release please?

For example, this was the first time we've included a Windows
installer for Python 2.6.  We were waiting for NumPy 1.3, which was
the first NumPy release to support Python 2.6 on Windows.  If you've
tried this and it works for you, please write us an email.

Support for reading/writing FASTQ and QUAL files is also new - if
you've tried it out on your own second generation sequencing files,
again, it would be nice to know how it worked.  If everything is fine,
great, but if for example it can't parse the files from your local
sequencing center, please let us know.

Thanks,