[BioPython] Creating and traversing an ultrametric tree

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 21:13:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 9:40 PM, aditya shukla
<adityashukla1983 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, Thanks for the help i appreciate it.
>
> I got the Thomas mailund's newick module to work with the kind of files i
> have (they are in extended newick format).I wanna calculate
> distances between the inner nodes , the current module dosen't do that.Do
> you have any idea of how to accomplish this?

Using Thomas Mailund's module, I think you would have to identify the
shared parent node, then add up the branch lengths on the two
branches.  You can do it - but its a little tricky.  When I last did
any work on trees like this, I think I tended to use recursive
functions, but I don't have any examples handy.