[BioPython] AlignIO: Sequences of different length

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 23:26:36 UTC 2008

Well, as promised, here goes update. I didn't try with soaplab2 because it
was too complicated to get it to work. I didn't want to lose more than 10
minutes either so... However, with standalone needle, which EBI claim to be
the same version as the soaplab2 service, it works flawlessly :)

Code here: http://pastebin.com/f29ff12d6

Console output here: http://pastebin.com/f5bbc5593

It's not a bug then, it's just an old version :) Using the web versions,
there may be some workarounds. If you convert the format to one of the
others, you may get a usable one for Biopython. I tried markx1 I believe,
and it was "almost" parsable, it just didn't get the correct sequences (if
you deleted everything BUT the sequences, it would work). So, I think there
should at least be a warning somewhere for the users so that they don't get
nuts or reporting bugs :)

Thanks for all the help!

Regards!

João Rodrigues