[BioPython] Syntax error while parsing Blast output

Christof Winter winter at biotec.tu-dresden.de
Wed Oct 24 12:22:09 UTC 2007

Michiel De Hoon wrote:
> Nevertheless, it may be a good idea to remove the plain text Blast parser
> completely from Biopython in the upcoming release (which will probably be
> done this week), to avoid further confusion.

I agree with Peter and Martin that removing the plain text parser is maybe too
much. Although I further agree that there is benefit in having the plain text
parser, I am not sure if Biopython should ensure supporting every small format
change that NCBI might come up with in the future.

I use XML and tabular output only, BTW.

Cheers,
Christof