[BioPython] Error for running of ReportLab test on Mac OS X

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 21:06:37 UTC 2007

On 10/1/07, Y Tu <ytu888 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Peter,
>
> However, I still haven't install mxText module in my Mac yet.

I see you've signed up to the eGenix mailing list - I hope they can
solve your mxTextTools installation problems.

> Also could you tell me how to run the test file of ReportLab, when I
> launch Python and then import the test file into the python. Thanks.

In general I think most tests are designed to be run from the command
line, not by running python, typing an import statement, and typing
another command.  You should check the ReportLab documentation to see
what they recommend.

To run a specific Biopython unit test, such as the general graphics
unit test, you would do this:

python run_tests.py test_GraphicsGeneral.py

That would run the test, and check the output matched the expected
results.  Alternatively, you can do:

python test_GraphicsGeneral.py

I hope that helps.