[BioPython] Biopython and sequence trace files...

Matthew Neilson matthew.neilson at utoledo.edu
Mon Dec 3 15:32:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

This question might be better suited for the development list, but here goes
anyway.  Are there any facilities in Biopython to read/write information
from sequencing trace files (e.g., .abi, .scf, .ztr, etc).  I know that
Bioperl has a way of utilizing the Staden io_lib, and I was hoping for the
same thing in Python.  Has anyone been able to convert io_lib into Python
module, or could someone point me towards resources that would help me to do
this?  Thanks in advance.

-Matt

--
Matt Neilson