[BioPython] Martel Help

Pepe Barbe elventear at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 17:52:40 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am interested in using Martel for parsing some Biology formats (So
far nothing new).

While the module seems really good, I've been struggling to find some
meaningful documentation. So far I feel I am walking in the dark.
Still I've made some progress. If there is some tutorial or complete
documentation out there I would appreciate if some would point me to
it.

My current question is the following. I have the impression that every
single line that the Martel parser is going to parse must be
recognized, and otherwise it will raise and Exception. Is this
correct? If its true, how can I ignore anything that doesn't match a
RegEx and just process what matches?

Thanks,
Pepe