[BioPython] Fwd: Abuse of the new Wiki Homepage

Mike Cariaso cariaso at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 15 18:39:21 UTC 2006

> The biopython community will have to decide how it wants to handle
> new accounts to the wiki site. Whether there is patrolling or if
> you want to lock the site down.  I would encourage all legitimate
> users to add something to their User page so that we can have an
> easier time distinguishing random account creation from real people.

Consider this my vote against any sort of lock down against new users. It can be a real deterent to new contributors, and that is something we sorely need. I'd be more willing to roll back the useless spam, than to risk detering valuable new contributions.

Thank you to Maubp for already removing all of Ceas's garbage.