[BioPython] biopython gui (for Blast)

Peter (BioPython List) biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 27 05:43:14 EST 2006

Indrajaya wrote:
 > Ya, I believe it's not a nice solution to make gui for all function.
 > But I think, it is cool to make gui for blast or swissprot GUIs. Just
 > for simple thinking, to get information from genebank with some
 > criteria (ie. who posted the sequence, with fixed sequence length,
 > etc), it will show the result directly to user. Anyone have other
 > idea?

What advantages would a Blast GUI program have over the existing web
interfaces?  The NCBI's online blast is very easy to use already.

For those people who need to automate things then using BioPython (or
BioPerl or ...) with either online or standalone blast is fine - it just
takes more work from the user.

Are you trying to do something in between?  More powerful than the
existing web-blast GUI, and less complex that a scripting interface?