[BioPython] Problem with python and mysql

Larry l.heisler at utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 31 11:00:00 EST 2005

Hi Phil,
I don't believe .query can be used with a MySQLdb connection.  I am not an
expert on this, but the way I have done this in the past is

1. set up the connection
conn= MySQLdb.connect (host="localhost",
                       user ="root",
                      passwd ="p1geon1",
                       db="phil")

2. set up a cursor
mycursor=conn.cursor()

3. create your query
qry="insert into sequences2 values('%s','%s','%s','%s');"% (a, gb, tnum,
seq)

4. execute your query
mycursor.execute(qry)

others may be able to give you more details on this, ie. using .query which
i believe works with _mysql
ie
use _mysql
conn= _mysql.connect (host="localhost", user ="root", passwd
="p1geon1",db="phil")
conn.query(qry)

Larry