[BioPython] native python sequence alignment

Syd Diamond syd.diamond at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 17:07:34 EST 2005

Hi yall,

I need to do pairwise sequence alignment of short alphanumeric strings,
and I turned to biopython to look for this tool.  I was hoping to do it
natively and not need to repeatedly use a wrapper to ClustalW or something
like that.  In scriptcentral, I found:

http://starship.python.net/crew/gherman/potpurri/align/

60% of the time, it works every time.  However, it's not quite perfect,
and before I went diving into the heart of the alignment function, I
wanted to see if anyone knew of a better approach or alternate code.  I've
googled extensively without luck.

Many thanks,
Joel