[BioPython] logo vote results

Jeffrey Chang jefftc at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 2 00:07:07 EDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 1, 2003, at 02:55  PM, Iddo Friedberg wrote:

> Jeff, who's the winner?
>
> ./I

Hello Everyone (and Iddo  :),

First of all, thank you very much for everyone that submitted logos,
contributed to their design, and to everyone that voted!  In the end,
we received 20 votes for 9 proposed logos.  (Curiously, I did not
receive votes from some people who had submitted logos!)

I tallied the votes according to instant run-off voting.  At every
round, I eliminated the logo that had received the least 1st place
picks.  In the end, by a slim margin of 3 votes, the last logo standing
was by the team of Henrik Vestergaard and Thomas Hamelryck.
Congratulations, Henrik and Thomas!

Now the work part.  We will need versions of the logo appropriate for:
- slides
- webpage
- icon

Should Henrik and Thomas be unable to fulfill their duties, the runner
up Gyro Funch will be called upon to become Logo King.

Thus concludes the Biopython logo contest.  I hope everyone had fun!

Jeff