[BioPython] BioSQL.DBSeqRecord._get_keywords() / working with BioSQL

Andreas Kuntzagk andreas.kuntzagk@mdc-berlin.de
Wed, 29 May 2002 09:57:58 +0200

> BioSQL is a cross language project and there is an ER diagram already - if
> you are interested in the project join the open-bio-l@open-bio.org list
> (see http://obda.open-bio.org).
>
> Checkout the biosql-schema repository and look at doc/biosql-ERD.pdf for
> the diagram.

Ok.

> Hopefully someone will volunteer to help put the website together and make
> these types of links and info easily accessible through the website.  This
> is definitely somethings we need help with but is not as sexy as
> programming I know.  We hope to roll out a new content management system
> in the future to make this easier.

At the moment I think I don't know enough about bio* to write
documentation and also I'm not sure if I will stick with it. Just
evaluating if it fits my needs. But I agree that documentation is
lacking. Maybe I can help by asking wrong questions so you find out what
documention is missing.

Here is another of these questions: While parsing a GenBank entry, is
there any information loss? Would it be possible to "unparse" a
SeqRecord back into a flatfile? Is there already code for this in
biopython? If not and I want to write such think, where are the best
places to start?

Greetings Andreas aka Murple