[BioPython] Parsing NCBI_Standalone Blast according to release

Aidan Budd budd@embl-heidelberg.de
Tue, 28 May 2002 17:23:50 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

typical story, my biopython blast-parsing scripts worked beautifully, now
I'm running a different blast version and now they're broken (stuff about
lines not beginning with '     ' mutter mutter blast mutter mutter).

(I was using standalone
BLAST 2.2.2 [Dec-14-2001]
now I've got
BLASTP 2.2.2 [Jan-08-2002])

so, of course, something's changed in the blast output...

<sigh>

my question is...

does anyone know if there is a way of getting from biopython a blast
parser to go with a particular version of blast? e.g. I know I'm using
blast 2.2.2 Dec-14-2001 release, so I go and get appropriate biopython
blast modules?  Or is the best solution to go and get the blast version
that fits with the current biopython modules (if so, is there somewhere I
should look to find which blast the current biopython modules work with?)

any advice much appreciated!

thanks

aidan

Die Ente bleibt draussen!
[useful german phrase #9]

Aidan Budd
Gibson Team (v106)
Structural and Computational Biology Programme
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Meyerhofstr. 1, 69117 Heidelberg, Germany
Tel. +49 6221 387-530
Fax. +49 6221 387-517