[BioPython] Announcement: Mailing list for microarray data analysis

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Wed, 30 May 2001 00:00:22 -0700

> I am currently promoting yet another mailing list whose purpose is to
> cover the data analytic aspects of DNA microarray analysis: How do
> measurement errors enter, what are the specifics of eg oligonucleotide
> probe matching, and how does it affect the quantitative analysis of the
> expression data obtained, what are sensible experimental designs that
> maximize the signal-to-noise ratio. If you are interested, send a message
> to majordomo@uni-essen.de with the line
>
> subscribe microarray-data-analysis
>
> in the *body* (not the subject line) of the message.
>
> After following the discussions here I feel that the topic of the proposed
> list does not compete with biopython which is more about structural and
> less about quantitative analysis. Thus, I hope it is alright to post the
> advert here.

Yes, this is fine, since it's along the lines of biological data analysis
that's of interest to people in the group.  If code gets developed from this
endeavor, please send it over our way!

Jeff