[BioPython] Re: BLAST result persistence

ISHIKAWA, Masahiro biopython@biopython.org
07 Jun 2001 18:10:40 +0900

  Hi,

## sorry for my silence

In article <022901c0ebe0$fedd6de0$0301a8c0@josiah>,
Andrew Dalke <dalke@acm.org> writes:
[snip]
>One thing you might want to look at is ZODB, which is
>part of the Zope package.  (There's a version called
>StandaloneZODB which is in beta and only available from
>Digital Creation's CVS.)

I skimed on the web pages and intro documents, and I
tried it.
It looks very fun.
I got a new plaything :-)

I found another candidate, the BeeBase B+Tree module in
egenix-mx-base package.

However, both they don't compress pickled objects, thus
produce a large file for my case.
The size of file is a matter since currently I use
Linux kernel 2.2.x, which cannot handle a file larger
than 2GB.

I'll examine them whether I can modify them to meet my
needs.

  Thanks,