[Biopython-dev] [Biopython (old issues only) - Bug #2526] (Migrated) SeqFeature's .id property is not preserved in BioSQL

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Thu Jul 5 13:38:38 UTC 2018

Issue #2526 has been updated by Peter Cock.

Description updated
Status changed from New to Migrated

Migrated to GitHub as https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/1717

Bug #2526: SeqFeature's .id property is not preserved in BioSQL
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/2526#change-15403

* Author: Peter Cock
As per the title, a SeqFeature's .id property is not preserved after a save/retreive in BioSQL.

I found this while working on Bug 2235, where my modified "swiss" parser creates SeqRecord objects with SeqFeature object which may have their .id set.  Note that in GenBank and EMBL, the SeqFeature objects do not have their id property set, and so are not affected.

I need to review the BioSQL schema to see if there is a suitable field that Biopython is ignoring, and if there is, use it.  If not, we can probably use a tagged qualifier - ideally with the same name as the other Bio* projects.

See also test_BioSQL_SeqIO.py revision 1.17 which includes a word arround to avoid this limitation.

To change your notification preferences, please click here and login: http://redmine.open-bio.org