[Biopython-dev] Additional unit tests for biopython modules

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 13 23:16:52 UTC 2017

Hello Maximilian,

You can get a good idea of the current code coverage via:
https://codecov.io/github/biopython/biopython/

However, this is based on running the current tested on
TravisCI where we deliberately do not run the online tests,
and also do not have all the possible dependencies installed
(e.g. Bio.PopGen looks bad because of that).

I'd like to integrate our buildbot test setup into codecov, see
eg https://github.com/codecov/support/issues/268 as these
machines can more easily have dependencies installed,
and currently run the network tests once a week:
http://testing.open-bio.org/biopython/

One special case you might look at is moving existing
self-tests at the end of files into the main test suite:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/820

Peter